Systems Analyst I: Oracle IT Financial Functional System at Datafin Recruitment
ENVIRONMENT: UNDERSTAND and translate business requirements into quality system solutions and ensure optimal system performance and stability through support and continuous improvement as the next systems analyst wanted by a reputable retail group. You will need a 3 year IT tertiary qualification, an additional Oracle certification would be preferable, have 5 years relevant IT experience in Oracle EBS (Financial) implementation, an understanding of the database Oracle and a database language (SQL experience preferred), Oracle Financial configuration experience through modules, experience with standard Oracle documentation (BR100 / MD070), project management and experience working on projects or major continuous improvement initiatives. A permanence will be expected as [URL Removed] current system solutions and business requirements
- Interpret and provide feedback to translate complex business requirements into business requirement definitions and specifications.
- Analyze and evaluate the required system improvements.
- Analyze existing systems and interfaces for modification / improvement.
Design new or improved systems to meet business needs
- Participate in the design or redesign of the process and translate the requirements / business processes / users into a system design.
- Design system improvements.
- Modify systems specifications based on testing issues / changing requirements.
- Design interfaces with other systems.
- Provide input to design-based deployment plans.
Test the proposed solutions
- Develop system test plans for system and integration testing.
- Perform system and integration tests, and communicate results.
Participate in the implementation of new solutions to ensure a successful integration into the current environment
- Manage the creation and transmission of system administration procedures.
- Participate in post-implementation reviews of completed projects.
- Ensure the contribution of SMEs during the implementation process.
Support current solutions –
- Solve user queries.
- Ensure the environmental stability of existing systems.
- Provide feedback to programming support teams.
- Provide functional leadership and direction.
Collaborate with and support ITS and the company
- Integration with relevant business and IT stakeholders.
- Provide system input to the design of user training materials.
- Provide operational support to the business sector.
- Ensure knowledge transfer and support to team members.
- Support audit.
Create and maintain documentation
- Develop and maintain all relevant SDLC documentation.
- Document, publish and maintain the system design (new developments and system improvements) and all interfaces with other systems.
- Higher diploma in computer science of at least 3 years.
- Oracle certification preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant IT experience in the implementation of Oracle EBS (Financial).
- Will be required to perform availability tasks.
- Understanding of the Oracle database and a database language (SQL experience preferred).
- Experience configuring Oracle Financials through modules.
- Experience in standard Oracle documentation (BR100 / MD070).
- Experience working on projects or large continuous improvement initiatives.
- Project management methodology.
- Advantageous retail experience.
- Aware and responsive to internal and external events and influences on the technical landscape.
- Look beyond the symptoms to discover the root causes of the issues to be addressed.
- Presents an analysis of the problem and a recommended solution rather than simply identifying and describing the problem itself.
- Demonstrates a results-oriented mindset in the planning and implementation of activities / projects.
- Monitors and tracks progress to ensure achievement of all planned commitments and keeps appropriate people informed.
- Listen carefully and check that the message received is understood.
- Speaks fluently in team meetings when presenting information.
- Genuinely cultivates personal connections with colleagues to improve performance across the organization.
- Adapts to work effectively within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Demonstrates ingenuity in acquiring the knowledge, skills and competences necessary to adapt to change.
While we would really love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS: When applying for jobs, make sure you have the minimum requirements for the job. AloneCitizens of South Africa will be considered for this role. If you are not at the location listed for any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please send a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.