Rajnath Singh refutes Oppn’s ‘caste certificate’ claim on Agnipath; “Identical prior system”
Amid caste politics on the Agnipath Plan, Defense Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday refuted opposition claims and issued a clarification saying there was no change in the recruitment system by the Indian army. This comes after Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Sanjay Singh attacked the Center over the requirement of caste and religion certificates to apply for the Agnipath scheme.
“I want to make it clear that these are just rumours. The pre-independence system is the same. There is no change,” Rajnath Singh said.
Taking to Twitter, Sanjay Singh alleged, “The bad face of Modi government has come to the country. Isn’t Modi Ji considering Dalits/backward/tribals eligible for army recruitment? For the first time in Indian history caste is being asked in “Army Recruitment” Modi ji you have to do “Agniveer” or “Jaativeer”.
क्या मोदी जी दलितों / पिछड़ों / आदिवासियों को सेना भर्ती के क़ाबिल मानते मानते?
भारत के इतिहास में बार बार सेना सेना भर्ती में में पूछी जा रही।।
— Sanjay Singh AAP (@SanjayAzadSln) July 19, 2022
The Center on June 14 unveiled its new Agnipath program for recruiting soldiers into the three services for a period of four years followed by mandatory retirement for the most part without gratuity or retirement benefits. Under this program, Agniveers would be recruited on a short-term contract from the Army, Navy and Air Force. Notably, nearly 46,000 young people will be recruited in 2022 and the number of recruits is expected to increase by 5,000 every year. The soldiers would receive a monthly salary of around Rs 30,000 to 40,000. They will also be entitled to awards, medals and insurance.
After four years, up to 25% could be retained or rehired in the regular framework depending on merit, willingness and medical fitness. The remaining 75% will be eligible for ‘Seva Nidhi’ packages of Rs 11-12 lakh and will receive skills certificates and bank loans for their second career.
Meanwhile, the three wings of the Indian Armed Forces – Army, Navy and Air Force – have already started accepting applications for the Agnipath scheme, with the Indian Air Force (IAF) now in the lead. of the peloton with the most recordings.
(Image: PTI/Representative Image)