HRIS Analyst and System Support Officer job at United Bank for Africa (UBA), Nigeria
A skilled and willing HRIS Analyst and System Support Officer is required at United Bank for Africa Group (UBA) Lagos, Nigeria. Check eligibility and how to apply.
- Place of work: Lagos, Nigeria
- Registration deadline: ends Friday, September 16, 2022
We are currently looking for an HRIS Analyst and a System Support Agent. The candidate for this position should have good knowledge of SQL and Power BI, and excellent analytical and reporting skills. Experience in a similar position within the financial services industry would be a plus.
OBJECTIVE(S) OF THE POSITION:
The HR Analytics Officer will collect, compile and analyze HR data, metrics and statistics, and apply this data to make recommendations related to legal compliance and the proper functioning of the department as well as the management of the various HR systems.
- Collects and compiles HR metrics and data from a variety of sources, including Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and payroll results, management and employee surveys, exit interviews, employment records, government labor statistics, competitor practices and other sources.
- Analyzes data and statistics for trends and patterns and prepares reports on data findings, presenting and explaining findings to senior management.
- Based on metrics and analysis, makes recommendations for policies and activities to improve organizational culture, including suggestions for attracting and hiring qualified candidates, motivating and retaining employees, resolving personnel issues, and maintaining legal compliance.
- Ensures compliance with data privacy regulations and best practices.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in data management and security, HR technology and HRIS applications.
- Oversees and maintains the optimal functioning of the organization’s internal HR information services systems, organization’s database management, network support, installation, customization, development, maintenance and upgrades of applications, systems and modules.
- Oversees and maintains internal database files, tables, codes, backup files, integrity and security.
- Work with IT to install, implement, modify and upgrade HR software and applications to meet changing business and technology.
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting and advice to HR employees.
- Identifies and recommends reasonable short- and long-term goals, milestones, and benchmarks for HR automation projects.
- Collaborates with HR staff to identify needed enhancements and enhancements to existing information services and databases; recommends and implements solutions.
- Acts as the primary representative and liaison between HR, information services, external vendors and other stakeholders for HR database design and implementation projects.
- Performs other assigned duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of applicable data laws related to employment, HR and HR policies.
- Familiarity with HR policies and procedures to ensure that the HRIS meets the needs and objectives of the organization.
- Proficiency or ability to quickly learn organizational employee management, payroll and similar software.
- Expert level use of Microsoft Office suite including PowerBI, Power Automate, Excel, etc.
- Mastery of Big Data tools like Tableau, Hadoop, SQL, etc.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- First degree in Computer Science, Statistics or any related field of study.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organized, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and the ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- Great sense of confidentiality and discretion.
WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT FROM US:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We not only train our employees to be the best at their jobs, we also offer encouragement, recognition and rewards.
- Whatever your career level, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here at UBA, our people are our greatest assets and so we have built a recognition and reward system that drives productivity and improves staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
About United Bank for Africa (UBA)
United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is a leading pan-African financial services institution with a global footprint. We have a clear goal to be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
UBA has a large footprint across the globe operating in 20 African countries: Benin Republic, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria , Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Chad, Uganda and Zambia. The Bank also operates in the United Kingdom, the United States of America and with a presence in Paris.
== >> CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE